The Redditch Local History Museum is collecting first-hand memories of life in Redditch since the end of WW2 as part of its Outreach programme. Can you help?
It does not matter when you lived and worked in Redditch we would like to record your story. The points below are to help you think about your life in Redditch and help you recall what you did, enjoyed or perhaps, hated. You can write out your memories, or better still, record them, most smartphones will able to do this. If you live locally, please come to the museum and we will help your record your memories.
- Were you born in Redditch or what year did you come to Redditch & why?
- Where did you live in Redditch, what did your parents do?
- What is your earliest childhood memory of Redditch?
- What was your schooling and education like?
- As a teenager, what did you do for enjoyment and where did you go to socialise?
- When did you leave school?
- What was your first job?
- Can you remember how much you were paid and who you worker for/with?
- What was your working day like?
- When did you leave home/marry/become independent of your parents?
- What other jobs did you do, places you worked?
- Did you work in the old town centre?
- What major events do you remember in the town?
- What societies, organisations or churches did you belong to?
- How did the “New Town” affect your life?
- What are your memories of Evesham Street, Alcester Street etc?
- What were the shops you liked and remember going to?
- There were lots of yards and side streets in Redditch, do you remember them?
- Do you remember the old Redditch cinemas, cafes and clubs?
- What did you do in your spare time?
- What did you do that you should not have done?
- What treats did you have, sweets, days out, staying up late for special occasions?
- Over your lifetime, what in Redditch has changed for the better?
- Over your lifetime, what in Redditch has changed for the worse?
Please send or email your donations to: The Redditch Local History Museum, 5 Market Place, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 8AA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or queries, please call 07486 882181.
Thank you in advance for your support.